Creating a successful business framework is essential for all cannabis industry organizations. You must have a system in place to guarantee the quality of the product, ensuring best practices are being used in the production to maximize repeatability and increase scalability. However, there is some misunderstanding and misconception about the various types of certifications and good manufacturing processes that exist. Cannabis companies want to be able to cut through the noise and understand what they need to have going forward to be compliant with government regulations.
Key takeaways and learning objectives
- Certifications, which ones, why they are important for companies to have
- Non-accredited vs Accredited – what is the difference?
- Can you sell out of the US without EU GMP - EU GMP explained.
- Learn what you need to do to meet minimum industry expectations for product quality
- HACCP & GMP and how these risk-based programs can help ensure your products are safe and meet quality and legal requirements.
- Neil Coole, Director of Food and Retail Supply Chain, BSI Americas
- Kim Stuck, CEO, Allay Consulting
- Bart Taylor, Founder/Publisher, CompanyWeek
- Andrew Cole, Business Development Manager, BSI Group