The BRCGS is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized scheme. The popular Standard is accepted as a benchmark for food safety worldwide, and is often a core requirement of the supplier approval process for food retail and manufacturing.
This BRCGS lead auditor course delivered by BSI is designed to help delegates to gain a firm understanding of the standard, and learn how to undertake a BRC Global Standards audit. Auditing techniques will be practiced and developed, to include the auditor competency skills required of GFSI scheme auditors.
Provide knowledge and skills required to perform audits of food safety management systems (FSMS) in accordance with the BRC Global Standard for food safety (BRCGS).
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an BRCGS audit
- Interpreted BRCGS protocol and requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
What will I learn?
You will gain the knowledge to:
- Describe the purpose of the BRC Global Standards scheme, protocol and directory
- Explain the requirements of the Standards and how compliance can be demonstrated
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a FSMS audit in accordance with BRCGS
- Describe the food safety auditor competencies as defined by GFSI
You will gain the skills to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a FSMS to establish conformity with BRCGS
- Apply effective auditing techniques
Who should attend?
Certification body auditors or new auditors seeking registration, technical and quality managers who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of the audit process, consultants.
How will I learn?
Your learning shall be supported and accelerated by one of BSI’s competent and experienced trainers.
What will I gain?
Upon completion, you will be awarded with a certificate of attendance. This course is part of the BRC Global Standards Professional recognition program.
Delegates must have a prior working knowledge of quality management systems and auditing within the relevant manufacturing sector, and have completed a HACCP course of at least two days duration.
Please note: You’ll be undertaking live, web-based search activities, so you will need to bring along your laptop, tablet or smart device.
Detailed course notes are provided.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
You may also be interested in attending our BRCGS storage, packaging and product safety management courses.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Oct 17, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET|
Oct 18, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Oct 19, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Oct 20, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Oct 21, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||CAD $2100.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.