This two-day training course gives technical, quality and operations staff from manufacturers, retailers, and food service companies the opportunity to form a clear understanding of the protocols and requirements of the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9, including audit planning, and the events during and after the audit.
The BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized scheme. The popular Standard is accepted as a benchmark for food safety worldwide and is often a core requirement of the supplier approval process for food retail and manufacturing. Successful completion of this course will assist technical and quality staff in demonstrating competency and understanding of this standard.
What will I learn?
By attending BSI’s delivery of a BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9, 2 Day Training Course you should gain increased confidence and understanding of:
- The background and benefits of the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety.
- The details of the scheme including audit scope and planning for the audit and the Global Markets program.
- How an audit is closed, what corrective actions are and how certificates are issued.
- The current compliance monitoring of certification bodies by BRCGS Global Standards.
- The benefits of being listed on the BRCGS Global Standards Directory.
Upon successful completion of the course and exam, you shall be presented with a certificate of achievement indicating that you have gained skills and knowledge to:
- Know about different audit options that are available including the unannounced scheme.
- Know in detail the Standard’s core requirements including fundamental clauses and statements of intent.
Who should attend?
The BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 training course aims to provide beneficial understanding to staff from manufacturers; food service companies and retailers. Technical and quality managers; consultants; internal audit team leaders, internal audit team members and BRCGS Global Standards Approved Training Partners.
How will I learn?
Your learning shall be supported and accelerated by one of BSI’s competent and experienced trainers.
What will I gain?
Upon completion of the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Standard Issue 9 training course with BSI, you will be assessed with an exam, and upon successful completion you will be awarded with a certificate of achievement.
This course is part of the BRCGS Global Standards Professional recognition program.
To make the most of the training course, delegates should aim to read and review a copy of the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety, Issue 9, which is available to download free of charge from the BRCGS Bookshop.
Please note: You’ll be undertaking live, web-based search activities, so you will need to bring along your laptop, tablet or smart device.
Detailed course notes are provided.
Delegates will need to enroll on BRCGS Educate after registering for this course, to enable them to receive the BRCGS Academy certificates.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
You may also be interested in attending the following food courses:
- •BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9 lead Auditor