Climate change has been cited as one of the greatest challenges facing the world. It is an issue that will increasingly affect businesses and people, having impacts on resource availability, economic activity and human wellbeing. Understanding the principles of measuring and reporting your greenhouse gases (GHG) enables you to be better informed on how to mitigate them.
You’ll gain an understanding of the principles of GHG reporting and learn how to design a framework to measure and report on your organizations GHG’s emissions. We’ll also touch on the quality management of the data and your responsibilities in terms of verification.
Obtain a detailed understanding of the key terms, definitions and requirements of ISO 14064-1:2018 and how the standard can help your organization to better understand and quantify its greenhouse gas emissions.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Gain an understanding of the key principles of what GHG emissions are
- Better define the GHG emission boundaries for your organization to support in mitigating them
- Enhance the integrity of your GHG quantification within your organizations environmental reporting
- Demonstrate to your customers your commitment to a low carbon economy and sustainable ways of working
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Importance and benefits of quantifying and reporting on the greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with ISO 14064-1:2018
- Key requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 14064-1:2018
- How to define the boundaries of GHG emissions associated with your organization in order to develop a framework to measure, report and manage those emissions
- Structure of ISO 14064-1:2018 and its broader family of standards
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the design, development, management and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions for their organization.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
There are no formal prerequisites, however it will be useful for delegates to read the standard before attending the course. A basic understanding of global warming issues would be helpful.
Detailed course notes provided.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Mar 27, 2023 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $690.00||Enroll|
|Apr 17, 2023 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $690.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.