Available for 365 days after enrollment
E-learning content is available on demand!
This on-demand eLearning course has been developed for food handlers and other staff in food manufacturing who need to understand the principles of food hygiene and safety. The course covers the importance of food safety, hazards present in food, and how these hazards can be controlled effectively. The course has been written by food safety auditors and trainers, and can be accessed on-demand by learners.
The course modules cover:
- Foodborne illnesses and food safety hazards
- The responsibilities of food handlers
- Temperature control
- Food facility design and construction
- Control of hazards in food facilities
- Food preparation and processing equipment
- Cleaning and hygiene
- Pest Prevention
- Food safety management and training
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those who are new to the food industry or to food safety, in food production roles, or other roles where a good basic knowledge of food safety and hygiene is important.
Job roles could include:
- Production and operations
- Purchasing and supply
- Senior management (non-food)
- Office and HR teams
What will I learn?
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain why food safety is important
- Describe the causes of foodborne illnesses
- List the different types of food safety hazards
- Explain how to behave and dress correctly when working with food
- Describe why and how temperature control is an important hazard control
- Identify the workflow and design of a safe food storage and processing environment
- Explain the principles of good stock management
- Describe how to avoid cross contamination in food processing
- Explain the principles of effective cleaning and pest management
- Describe the elements of a food safety management system
- BSI - Foundation food safety - Module 1
- BSI - Food safety foundation - Module 2
- BSI - Food safety foundation - Module 3
- BSI - Food safety foundation - Module 4
- BSI - Food safety foundation - Module 5
- BSI - Food safety foundation - Module 6
- BSI - Food safety foundation - Module 7
- BSI - Food safety foundation - Module 8
- BSI - Food safety foundation - Module 9