A well-designed quality management system (QMS) must address its risks and opportunities. These may arise from the organization’s significant aspects, compliance obligations or from other issues relating to the organization’s context.
An organization’s system although based on the common ISO 9001 standard may differ from others due to its risks and opportunities. Therefore, understanding risk-based thinking is crucial so that actions required can be integrated into the organization’s processes for them to function as an effective coherent system.
This one-day training course is specially designed to provide in depth knowledge of risk-based thinking. Practical activities are incorporated into this training to translate this concept into structured methodology that will assist organizations to address the strategic development of the system.
Develop an understanding of risk in the context of ISO HLS (high level structure) management system standards.
You’ll learn about the element of risk-based thinking in ISO 9001:2015, quality management and undertake a deep dive into common theories. You’ll observe a practical method for establishing, implementing and maintaining processes for risks and opportunities.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Develop a good understanding of the importance of the context of your organization
- Address risk-based thinking and incorporate it into your organization’s system
- Gain a practical approach to developing an QMS in a structured manner
What will I learn?
You’ll have the knowledge to:
- Determine the context of your organization in planning and implementation of the QMS
- Explain the application of risk-based thinking
You’ll have the skills to:
- Apply risk-based thinking
- Use a structured method in developing an effective QMS relevant to the context of your organization
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all managers, executives or quality professionals who need to be equipped with a practical understanding of the context of the organization and risk-based thinking, especially if you’re involved in developing the QMS.
This course is also suitable if you’re involved in the certification, maintenance and internal auditing of the QMS in an organization.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
We recommend that you have knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 prior to attending this course.
You may also be interested in attending courses within our QMS series of courses
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Feb 2, 2024 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $650.00||Enroll|
|Aug 23, 2024 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $650.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.