Learn the skills necessary to evaluate an office workstation and make effective recommendations for reducing ergonomic risk.
BSI’s two-day Office Ergonomics Seminar will enable individuals to facilitate comprehensive and effective office ergonomic assessments. In this practical, hands-on training seminar, participants will learn how to identify and correct postural problems common with computer workstations. Participants will also learn how to assess equipment options to design or improve a computer workstation. The goal of the assessment is to help remote, hybrid, and office-based employees achieve neutral postures and healthy working habits through workstation adjustment and one-on-one awareness training.
By the end of the seminar, participants will have experience with each step of the ergonomic assessment process. Hand-on activities during the seminar will build proficiency with each step of the process. Participants will learn techniques for educating and empowering employees to apply ergonomic principles to their workstation and work habits. The course concludes with a mock workstation assessment where all skills learned throughout the seminar are applied to real-world office workstations.
Day One Learning Objectives
- How to identify and mitigate the postural risks associated computer use
- How to configure and adjust workstation component for health, comfort and performance
- How to evaluate of work tools and equipment such as seating, sit/stand devices, mice, keyboards, and task lighting for effectiveness in reducing ergonomic risk
- How to recommend cost-effective solutions for the office or home
Day Two Learning Objectives
- Develop proficiency and gain hands-on experience with the ergonomic assessment process
- Learn techniques for delivering employee education, affecting behavioral change, and implementing workstation improvements
- Build confidence in your ability to perform a comprehensive and effective ergonomic assessment to reduce risk and improve employee comfort
15% off early bird pricing for those that register 30 days in advance of each training seminar.
For groups of 5 or more, please contact Tami Blackwell at email@example.com for group training options and discounts.
Recommended lodging and travel details will be released to all registered participants.