BSI and Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) are working together to assist small and medium sized companies (either (1) less than 250 head count or (2) £44 million turnover and £38 million balance sheet) optimise their energy use, reduce energy costs and carbon emissions, and help the UK meet net zero targets.
This webinar explains how to get the most benefit from using this standard. BEIS is sponsoring 100,000 copies of BS ISO 50005:2021, the standard small and less complex companies use to manage their energy performance in a holistic and sustainable way.
Key lessons and takeaways
In this webinar you will learn:
- Understanding how ISO 50005 can support your business and how it is suited to SMEs
- Hearing from BEIS talk about the UK Decarbonisation Strategy
- Appreciation of the challenges and benefits of better energy management for non-intensive users
- Help with selecting the right approach to manage your energy and achieve energy savings, environmental and net-zero benefits.
- An explanation of BS ISO 50005’s phased approach for organizations with limited resources
- Get clarity on how the newer BS ISO 50005 differs from the more established BS ISO 50001 energy management standard
- The opportunity to have your questions answered by our experts
- A post-event copy of all presentations and a recording of the webinar
Speaker - Ian Byrne, Chartered Environmentalist and Chartered Accountant
Speaker - Nasrine Fielding, Head of Policy: Resource and Energy Efficiency BEIS
Speaker - Kit Oung, Principal Consultant and Author