Introduction to Risk Assessment On-demand eLearning course
The course is aligned to support implementation of ISO 45001, occupational health and safety management but can be used by any professional interested in emergency planning, business continuity and investigation techniques.
Hazards exist in every workplace, just as they do in everyday life. Assessing the risk of hazards causing injury or ill-health in the workplace is fundamental to occupational health and safety management.
This course defines hazard, risk, and explains criteria and methodologies for the key risk assessment steps of identification and analysis. Whilst it does not cover legal requirements in relation to risk assessment, it is important to be aware that many countries will have specific legislation in relation to risk assessment that you will need to be aware of and comply with.
Identifying and analysing risks will not of itself achieve anything if the process ends there. The latter part of the risk assessment process is concerned with evaluating risks to determine which, if any, are acceptable, and then treating all others either by eliminating them at source or applying control measures. This module covers the ways in which risk evaluation and risk treatment can be carried out. It also looks at the contribution and complications that humans, and human failure, add to the whole area of risk assessment.
E-Learning - training that’s even more flexible
You can study in your own time when it suits you, and you can access the course from any internet-enabled device 24/7.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in the ISO 45001 implementation
- ISO 45001 internal and lead auditors
- Anyone involved in health and safety risk management
- Anyone involved in emergency planning or business continuity/resilience within an organization
- Health and Safety representatives and Trade Union representatives
What is included
- This is an online, interactive eLearning course.
- You’ll have access to the course for 12 months.
On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
- BSI 45k Technical Requirements M3 Risk Assessment ID and Analysis
- BSI 45K Technical Requirements M4 Risk Assessment - Evaluation and Treatment