Occupational Health and Safety
Available for 365 days after enrollment
Approximate Course Run Time
Continuing Education Units
E-learning content is available on demand!
Basics for Pandemic Risk Management eLearning course
Whilst we aim to prevent things from going wrong,
as part of our proactive risk management system, we must also have a
clear plan in place for emergencies, disruption and incidents. Having an
effective and well communicated emergency plan will minimise the loss
of life and injury to people, as well as minimizing business disruption,
damage to property, plant, equipment and the environment. This module
explores the criteria that good emergency preparedness and response
should be designed to meet from the view point of health and safety risk
You’ll also know about the various types of biological hazards that may be found in workplaces and sectors of particular prevalence; and understand why biological hazards are a workplace hazard; and be familiar with the types of harm that biological can cause and be able to describe some controls that can help reduce or eliminate biological hazards.
You’ll also be provided with information on personal protective equipment (PPE) and what elements are needed for an effective PPE programme, plus information on minimum welfare provision.
The course is aligned to support implementation of ISO 45001, ISO 45003, ISO/PAS 45005 occupational health and safety management but can be used by any professional interested in emergency planning, business continuity and biological risk and communicable diseases.
E-Learning - training that’s even more flexible
If you require an overview Emergency Preparedness and Response and biological hazards and are confident enough not to need tutor-led training, this online, self-paced course offers you complete flexibility. You can study in your own time when it suits you, and you can access the course from any internet-enabled device 24/7.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in the ISO 45001 implementation
- ISO 45001 internal and lead auditors
- Anyone involved in health and safety risk management
- Anyone involved in emergency planning or business continuity / resilience within an organization
- Health and Safety representatives and Trade Union representatives
What will I learn?
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe what emergency planning involves in the context of an OH&SMS
- List the events that typically occur during an emergency
- Ask key questions that check if an effective emergency plan is in place
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand how to identify risks and assess them using tools and methodologies
- Utilize a selection of tools and methodologies used in risk assessment
- Correctly identify the key actions that should be taken after a risk assessment exercise has been completed
There are no formal prerequisites. For delegates implementing or auditing ISO 45001, ISO 45003 and/or ISO/PAS 45005 having a copy of the standard(s) would be beneficial
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
- 45K Technical Requirements Emergency Preparedness
- Biological Hazards