Climate change has been cited as one of the greatest challenges facing the world. It is an issue that will increasingly affect businesses and people, having impacts on resource availability, economic activity and human wellbeing. Understanding the principles of measuring and reporting your greenhouse gases (GHG) enables you to be better informed on how to mitigate them.
You’ll gain an understanding of the principles of GHG reporting and learn how to design a framework to measure and report on your organizations GHG’s emissions. We’ll also touch on the quality management of the data and your responsibilities in terms of verification.
BSI’s on-demand courses are market-leading and available 24/7. Developed by top subject matter experts, they contain the same high-quality content you will find in our tutor-led training, but with the added benefit of being able to learn at your own pace and at any time.
Who will benefit?
This course will help you:
- Gain an understanding of the key principles of what GHG emissions are
- Better define the GHG emission boundaries for your organization to support in mitigating them
- Enhance the integrity of your GHG quantification within your organizations environmental reporting
- Demonstrate to your customers your commitment to a low carbon economy and sustainable ways of working
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the design, development, management and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions for their organization.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Importance and benefits of quantifying and reporting on the greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with ISO 14064-1:2018
- Key requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 14064-1:2018
- How to define the boundaries of GHG emissions associated with your organization in order to develop a framework to measure, report and manage those emissions
- Structure of ISO 14064-1:2018 and its broader family of standards
- Module 1: Introduction to climate change and the ISO 14060 family
- Module 2: Terms, definitions and principles
- Module 3: Setting boundaries for your GHG inventory – Direct emissions
- Module 4: Setting boundaries for your GHG inventory – Indirect emissions
- Module 5: Quantifying your GHG emissions
- Module 6: Mitigating your impacts
- Module 7: Quality management, reporting and verification
- Module 8: Review and summary