Climate change is one of the greatest challenges facing the world today, and increasingly governments are setting targets for businesses to become carbon neutral. Besides helping combat climate change, becoming carbon neutral can help organizations to:
- Improve business efficiency by cutting energy costs
- Enhance their sustainability credentials and increase their resilience
- Gain a competitive edge by offering customers greener products and services
How will I benefit?
- Gain an understanding of the impact of climate change and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Demonstrate carbon neutrality, or efforts towards that goal, via a clear, structured and industry recognized methodology
- Identify when carbon offsetting is appropriate and how carbon credits work
- Appreciate the importance of verifying/validating declarations of carbon neutrality
What will I learn?
- The key principles, requirements, terms, and guidelines of PAS 2060 and where it sits within the broader family of ISO standards addressing GHG emissions
- The four stages to carbon neutrality: Assessment, reduction, offsetting and documentation
- How to select and evaluate suitable carbon neutrality methods
- How to document a GHG inventory management plan
Who should attend?
Anyone required to calculate, reduce, report and/or check their product/s greenhouse gas emissions, including Environmental and Sustainability Managers, Officers and Advisors.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning methodology improves knowledge retention and skill development. This course is interactive and activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the content and more effective application in the workplace.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
It is recommended that you complete the Managing Greenhouse Gas Emissions course or Greenhouse Gas Practitioner qualification before attending this course
This course is the pre-requisite for the Greenhouse Gas Professional qualification which also covers ISO 14067 (Carbon Footprint of Products).
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|May 22, 2023 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET|
May 23, 2023 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $1250.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.