FSSC 22000 is the management system standard for food safety (FSMS) that is aligned to internationally recognized best practice, and through ISO 22000:2018 as its basis, makes use of the ISO high level structure. FSSC 22000 helps organizations to provide safe food by proactively improving their FSMS performance.
In this course you will gain the required skills to conduct a baseline review of your organization’s current position and implement the key principles of FSSC 22000. Using a step-by-step approach, you’ll learn how to develop an implementation plan, create necessary documentation and monitor your FSMS Plan.
To provide a typical framework for implementing a management system based on FSSC 22000 food safety management system.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Become familiar with a typical framework for implementing a food safety management system (FSMS). This should form a sound basis for your implementation efforts and benefit your organization
- Recognize where adjustments might need to be made to this framework, to accommodate your particular situation and progress made to date
- Increase your knowledge on the key concepts and requirements of FSSC 22000, from an implementation perspective
- Gain the skills to conduct your own baseline review of your organization’s current position with regard to FSSC 22000, and implement key concepts and requirements relating to FSSC 22000
Your learning will be through an activity-based, delegate centred approach. This will help you share experiences and knowledge with other attendees; bringing alive the information presented and resulting in enhanced retention and application to your own workplace.
What will I learn?
On completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Recognize a typical framework for implementing FSSC 22000 following the double PDCA cycle
- Interpret key concepts and requirements of FSSC 22000 from an implementation perspective
- Identify the benefits specific to an organization in relation to implementing an effective FSMS
- Conduct a baseline review of an organization’s current position with regard to FSSC 22000
- Implement key concepts of FSSC 22000
- Implement key requirements of FSSC 22000
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising, or auditing of an FSSC 22000 food safety management system.
This may include operations, technical and quality teams, human resource, engineering, logistics and product development teams and managers.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Delegates should obtain a copy of FSSC 22000 v6 before taking this course.
Delegates may also obtain a copy of ISO 22000:2018, Food safety management systems — Requirements for any organization in the food chain.
Delegates may also obtain the relevant ISO 22002 Prerequisite Programmes on Food Safety relevant to their food industry sector.
For delegates in food manufacturing this is ISO/TS 22002-1:2009
For delegates in catering this is ISO/TS 22002-2:2013
For delegates in food packaging manufacturing this is ISO/TS 22002-4:2013
For delegates in transport and storage this is ISO/TS 22002-5:2019
For delegates in feed and animal food production this is ISO/TS 22002-6:2016
Detailed course notes, lunch and an implementation toolkit is provided.
FSSC 22000 v6 Understanding, Internal Auditor and Lead Auditor courses
ISO 22000:2018 courses
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Nov 16, 2023 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET|
Nov 17, 2023 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $950.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.