Implementing an Environmental Management System
BSI's Implementing an environmental management system course provides students with the knowledge to implement and manage an environmental management system (EMS) appropriate to the needs of their organizations. Students gain the necessary tools and skills to help them successfully develop the key processes, controls, and documentation for an effective EMS. Knowledgeable instructors guide students through the implementation stages, and group exercises give students practice in implementation activities.
- Understand environmental management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 14000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 14001 standard
- Identify aspects and impacts
- Write an effective environmental policy
- Identify and plan for required resources to implement an EMS
- Understand the implementation stages
- Understand required documentation and records
- Learn best practice implementation techniques
Course materialsStudents receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who should attend:
- Managers responsible for environmental or health and safety management
- Project managers
- Individuals tasked with developing and implementing an EMS relevant to their organizations
There is no formal prerequisite for this course.