Food Industry Trends and Supplier Audits
C-TPAT and Security, Social Responsibility, Environmental Concerns, Code of Conduct,
Quality Assurance; the list of supplier audits and compliance requirements is extensive
and only getting longer.
Our dependency on suppliers and outsourcing is on the rise. Organizations are
increasingly realizing the vulnerability of their brand reputation and risk of financial
loss resulting from bad supplier incidents and nonconformities. The key questions are:
- Do you know who your suppliers REALLY are and what hidden risks lie within your global supply chain?
- Are you keeping abreast of the ever changing risk landscape in your supplier base?
- Will the Dodd-Frank Conflict Minerals Rule effect your supplier selection?
- Are your supplier audits risk based?
- Do they encompass ALL areas of risk…or just focus on a few that your auditors are comfortable verifying?
- Do you find it difficult to track supplier compliance, maintain audit schedules, and assign and track corrective actions?
- Does your current supplier audit solution or partner provide you with the risk intelligence you need to make informed decisions on who to audit and how frequently?
Join BSI for a look into some of the current trends we are seeing in the dynamic sectors
of Food & Beverage and Agriculture. We will leverage BSI's proprietary risk and
intelligence analysis and hear about ways that BSI's verification services can help
you infuse risk intelligence into your supplier audits.
Lauri Powell, Vice President Advisory Services Development
Lauri joined BSI over 10 years ago and is responsible for driving BSI's global
verification services (VerifEye) into the marketplace. During her tenure at BSI, she has
worked with many of our largest global customers providing solutions in the areas of
software, environmental, health & safety, quality and information security.
Jim Yarbrough, Global Intelligence Program Manager
Jim Yarbrough leads BSI's team of supply chain security analysts and assesses the
potential threat of terrorism and cargo disruption to countries and businesses
worldwide. These assessments are integral to the Global Risk Analysis & Data
Evaluation (GRADE) tool that BSI provides to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Internet Explorer 7 and higher
- Pop-up blockers should be deactivated when launching online courses
- Flash -There are certain components of the system that utilize Flash for presentation
- Adobe Acrobat Reader should be installed to access course completion certificate and presentation documents