ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Lead Auditor (TPECS)
The class is not currently available.
BSI's "ISO 27001:2013 Lead Auditor" competency-based 4-day course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and the principles and practices of leading management systems and process audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems". Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 27001:2013 in detail and guide students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Our instructors will also help you to boost your audit capabilities with the latest developments of the new 19011 standard. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, role playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following three Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
IS - Information Security Management Systems
AU - Management Systems Auditing
TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS? For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand information security management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 27000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an audit adopting a risk-based approach
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global's certification scheme
- Understand the role of objectives, scope and criteria in the audit process
- How to plan audits
- Conduct audit team selection
- Initiate the audit and conducting opening meetings
- Understand audit team leader responsibilities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Apply the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Conduct on-site activities
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings
- Report audit results
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who should attend
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party, and third-party audits
- Management Representatives
- Information Security Officers
- Security Consultants
A prior review of the ISO 27001:2013 standard is required and internal audit experience is suggested for this course.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2, 3 and 4. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
Upcoming Course Dates
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of course
confirmation from BSI.
*Price reflects Early Bird discount
|Start/End Date and Time
- Aug 31, 2020 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Sep 01, 2020 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Sep 02, 2020 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Sep 03, 2020 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM
|Live Online - Full Day||CAD $2550.00||Enroll|
- Sep 14, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 15, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 16, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sep 17, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
|Vancouver, BC||CAD $2450.00*||Enroll|
- Oct 05, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Oct 06, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Oct 07, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Oct 08, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
|Toronto, ON||CAD $2450.00*||Enroll|
- Dec 07, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Dec 08, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Dec 09, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Dec 10, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
|Vancouver, BC||CAD $2450.00*||Enroll|