BSI's "ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor" competency-based 3-day course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and the principles and practices of effective internal audits in accordance with ISO 19011, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems". Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 27001:2013 in detail and guide students through internal audits that are required for an information security management system based on ISO 27001:2013. Our instructors will help you to boost your audit capabilities with the latest developments of the new 19011 standard. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
- IS - Information Security Management Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS? For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand information security management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 27000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit adopting a risk-based approach
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global's certification scheme
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who should attend
- Individuals interested in conducting, managing, or participating in first-party (internal) audits
- Management system implementation team members
- Information Security Managers
A prior review of the ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 27002:2013 standards and knowledge of information security practices and an understanding of auditing principles is suggested for this course.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2 and 3. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Aug 31, 2020 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM ET|
Sep 1, 2020 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM ET
Sep 2, 2020 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||CAD $1950.00||Enroll|
|Sep 7, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET|
Sep 8, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Sep 9, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Sep 10, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Sep 14, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Sep 15, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Sep 16, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
|Live Online- Half Day||CAD $2050.00||Enroll|
|Sep 14, 2020 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET|
Sep 15, 2020 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Sep 16, 2020 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||CAD $2050.00||Enroll|
|Oct 5, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
Oct 6, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Oct 7, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Toronto, ON||CAD $1950.00||Enroll|
|Dec 7, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
Dec 8, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Dec 9, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Vancouver, BC||CAD $1950.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.