ISO 45001, the first global Occupation Health and Safety (OH&S) management system standard, is intended to replace the widely implemented BS OHSAS 18001. It is anticipated that organizations currently certified to BS OHSAS 18001 will need to migrate to ISO 45001 within three years of the new standard's publication. Having an internationally recognized occupational health and safety management system (OH&SMS) allows you to enhance organizational health and safety performance and gain a competitive edge.
By attending, you'll be able to identify the structure and requirements of an effective OH&SMS. Gain a thorough understanding of the ISO 45001 key terms, definitions and the ISO standardized high level structure. You'll learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 45001
- Identify what needs to be revised in your current OH&S management system
- Manage occupational health and safety risks.
- Take steps to provide safety and healthy workplaces
- Understand the terminology of OH&S management systems.
- Explore the intent and interpretation of the individual clauses of ISO 45001
- Gain a basic understanding of how an OH&S management system can be integrated into existing quality management systems
- Auditing to requirements and how to identify nonconformities
You will have the option to receive your course materials in the following formats:
- Hard Copies: At the start of the course, a physical copy of the Student Handbook will be provided.
- Soft Copies: Prior to the course, an email with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of an occupational, health and safety management system
How will I learn?
Our high-impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
You may also be interested in attending the ISO 45001 Implementing Changes or Migration courses.
There is a competency based exam at the end of Day 2 of this course. Detailed exam instructions will be provided.
Online course option
This Course is also available as part of BSI's Connected Learning Live service. A virtual instructor lead training course taught live online in a virtual classroom. Scheduled times and dates are available here: Connected Learning Live ISO 45001:2018 Requirements (TPECS)