Understanding Risk Management - ISO 31000:2018
All organizations face uncertainty in
meeting their objectives. Risk Management is a systematic framework and
process for maximizing those areas where outcomes can be controlled
while minimizing those that cannot be predicted and over which control
cannot be exercised. BSI’s 1-day course on understanding Risk Management
systems will give you the understanding you need to start managing the
risks your organization faces.
After completion of this course,
you will be able to describe the fundamentals, key principles and
application of Risk Management to your organization.
Understanding Risk Management course uses lectures, discussions and
hands-on exercises to effectively achieve your objectives.
- Increased business resiliency
- Flexibility of response to change
- Understanding and management of risk
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of Risk Management (RM)
- Explain the fundamentals of a Risk Management system
- Describe the relevance and context of ISO 31000
- Outline the structure and purpose of ISO 31000
- Elaborate on the key principles of ISO 31000
- Identify key aspects and interrelationships of a Risk Management framework with the organization’s management system
- Describe the Risk Management process
- Outline a process for implementation of a RM framework
This course is intended for managers and prospective implementers of risk management, and for stakeholders in such efforts.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.