BSI's “ISO 20000-1:2018 Lead Auditor” competency-based 4-day course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 20000-1:2018 standard and the principles and practices of leading management systems and process audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, “Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems”. Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 20000-1:2018 in detail and guide students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global
- IT- Information Technology Service Management Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
- TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
You'll be able to:
- Understand IT service management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 20000 series
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an audit adopting a risk based approach
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global's certification scheme
- Understand the role of objectives, scope and criteria in the audit process
- Conduct audit team selection
- Initiate the audit and conducting opening meetings
- Understand audit team leader responsibilities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Apply the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Conduct on-site activities
- Prepare audit conclusions and conduct closing meetings
You will have the option to receive your course materials in the following formats:
- Hard Copies: At the start of the course, a physical copy of the Student Handbook will be provided.
- Soft Copies: Prior to the course, an email with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party, and third-party audits
- Management Representatives
- Information Security Officers
- Security Consultants
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2, 3 and 4. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
A prior review of the ISO 20000-1: 2018 standard and internal audit experience are suggested for this course.
You may also be interested in attending the ISO 20000-1:2018 Implementing or Auditing training courses
Online course option
This Course is also available as part of BSI's Connected Learning Live service. A virtual instructor lead training course taught live online in a virtual classroom. Scheduled times and dates are available here: Connected Learning Live ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Lead Auditor (TPECS)