BSI's "ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001: 2018 Requirements" competency-based 3-day course is designed to provide students with a general understanding of the concepts of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018. By attending this course, you will be able to gain a thorough understanding of the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 key terms, definitions and the ISO standardized high-level structure. You will learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and requirements of the standards to existing processes within your organization.
The course structure incorporates presentations and interactive discussions. An experienced instructor explains the clauses of ISO 14000 and ISO 45001 in detail and includes auditing the requirements of the standards. Students learn by participating in group exercises and in-depth discussion
BSI is an Exemplar Global certified training provider for the following competency units contained in this class. Attendees successfully completing this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment for these units:
EM – Environmental Management Systems
OH - Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
New to TPECS? For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page
- Understand environmental management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand occupational health and safety management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Interpret the clauses of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018
- Understand the process approach
- Auditing to requirements and how identify nonconformities
- Gain a basic understanding of how EMS and OH&S management systems can be integrated into existing quality management systems
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of environmental and occupational, health & safety management systems.
How will I learn?Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance. Prerequisites:
A prior review of the ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards is suggested for this course. Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
You will have the option to receive your course materials in the following formats:
- Hard Copies: At the start of the course, a physical copy of the Student Handbook will be provided.
- Soft Copies: Prior to the course, an email with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
There is a competency-based exam at the end of day 3 of this course Detailed exam instructions will be provided. A Certificate of Attainment in the EM and OH competency units will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for the EM and OH competency units.
Students who do not pass the initial exam will be given the opportunity to retake the test.Students who ultimately do not pass the exams will be issued a certificate of attendance.