PAS 96:2017 Food Defence (TACCP) Guidance Training Course
This one-day course has been designed by leading food industry experts to equip you with the most current food industry knowledge. It introduces the application of food defence methodologies to assess and manage generic and specific threats for the development of a food defence plan.
PAS 96:2017 aims to assure the authenticity of food by minimizing the chance of an attack by performing a threat assessment of your organization, operation, supply chain, process and products. Using risk assessment techniques, you’ll identify where controls and mitigation strategies may be required to minimize and mitigate an ‘attack’.
The course includes references to current examples, the application of a food defence assessment tool and group activities. You’ll develop practical skills and the confidence to implement PAS 96:2017 to strengthen food defence at your organization.
Gain the knowledge and skills required to perform a food defence threat assessment and develop a food defence plan, in accordance with PAS 96:2017 (and GFSI Standards as applicable).
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of PAS 96:2017
- Develop practical skills and the confidence to implement PAS 96:2017, together with other current concepts and methodologies to strengthen food defence within your organization
- Adopt a proactive approach to identifying food defence threats
- Improve the resilience of your organization and operation through an understanding of threats, likely attackers and proactive controls and mitigation strategies
What will I learn?
You'll be able to:
- Recognize different types of threat assessment methodologies that may be used to identify threats to an organization, operation and product
- Describe the process of TACCP food defence (PAS 96:2017)
You'll have the skills to:
- Source relevant information to inform a food defence threat assessment
- Apply the concept of food defence and TACCP
- Perform a food defence threat assessment
- Document a food defence plan
Who should attend?
The course is aimed specifically at food industry professionals and those working in the food industry who may contribute to a food defence plan including security, human resources, food technology, process engineering, production and operations, procurement, distribution and logistics, and information technology.
How will I learn?
Our high–impact, accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Delegates will benefit with knowledge of the food defence TACCP concepts and a comprehensive understanding of the steps to develop, maintain and review food defence plans.
Please note: You’ll be undertaking live, web-based search activities, so you will need to bring along your laptop, tablet or smart device.
Detailed course notes and lunch are provided.
Before the course: Each delegate must be provided with course resource ‘Example Food Defence (TACCP) Assessment Tool’ - Excel spreadsheet
During the course: Laptops are required as Excel spreadsheet will need to be used in electronic format. Access to internet either through smart phone or preferably through conference wireless access (for laptop).
You may also be interested in attending the following food courses:
- HACCP Plans and GMP Implementation training course
- HACCP Refresh training course
- Effective Food Safety Auditing training course
- Effective Foreign Matter Control training course
- Food Fraud Prevention (VACCP) Training Course
Upcoming Course Dates
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of course
confirmation from BSI.
|Start/End Date and Time
- Jan 16, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Dallas, TX||USD $795.00||Enroll|
- Mar 12, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Orlando, FL||USD $795.00||Enroll|
- May 07, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Seattle, WA||USD $795.00||Enroll|
- Jun 11, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Las Vegas, NV||USD $795.00||Enroll|