This course aims to assist organizations who act as the controller or processor of personal data to understand the requirements of the GDPR and how the Regulation may be implemented.
The GDPR imposes a number of mandatory requirements on organizations to establish practical policies and processes in order to deliver compliant services to internal and external data subjects. And that’s where this course can help.
By attending this course you’ll understand how to implement the requirements of the GDPR into your organization, with a focus on those requirements which can be particularly challenging.
How Will I Benefit?
- Understand how to establish a GDPR compliance program
- Understand how to practically meet the requirements of the GDPR
- Understand the importance of determining the legal basis for processing personal information
- Demonstrate to data subjects (customers, staff), regulators and other stakeholders that you have a GDPR compliant approach to data protection
What Will I Learn?
You will learn how to:
- Create accountability
- Conduct a gap analysis
- Compile a data inventory
- Plan and conduct a data protection impact assessment (DPIA) / risk assessment
- Respond to subject access requests (SARs)
- Maintain a GDPR compliant management approach
- Manage the controller / processor relationships, including joint controller arrangements
Who Should Attend?
Data protection officers, managers or leads, information security managers, project managers, corporate governance managers or similar roles
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
The mandatory prerequisite for attending this course is the BSI EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation training course.