Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Continuing Education Units
Early Bird Price*
* Subject to availability
This course will help you to implement the benefits of digitization, lean and collaborative approaches in the delivery and use of built assets. It will also provide an introduction to ISO 19650, the two-part standard for building information modelling (BIM), and collaborative working.
You will be able to understand the methods for setting clear purposes and priorities as part of a BIM implementation strategy and gain an appreciation of UK PAS 1192-3 and BS 8536 for infrastructure and buildings.
On completion of this course, you’ll also be able to assess current and future project delivery and asset management processes, information flows, and understanding the principal roles and functions involved, using ISO 19650 and UK BS 1192 series.
This course will also help you by providing a review of tailoring your BIM strategy for specific business cases.
To give those tasked with implementing BIM in their organizations an understanding of the business case and other benefits of BIM to their organization, their clients/stakeholders and supply chains, and the encapsulation of these ideas in standards and best practice. To enable attendees to develop detailed implementation plans.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Introduce collaborative working practices to your project and asset teams
- Establish an asset-focused approach to briefing, information requirements and the evaluation of outcomes
- Appreciate the steps in procuring, managing and exchanging information
- Understand customer and supply-side drivers for BIM
- Outline a BIM implementation plan
What will I learn?
You will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the benefits gained from structured collaboration
- Recognize customer drivers for BIM and planning standardized supply-side responses
- Complete process maps to plan the smooth flow of information
- Recognize the business cases and Government strategy for BIM
- Explain the key principles in BIM standards
Who should attend?
Senior managers tasked with introducing BIM processes to project delivery and asset management.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
We strongly recommend you have experience of management engagement with project and portfolio activities.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person:
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
Following this course, it’s recommended that if you’re involved with day-to-day collaborative BIM implementation and that you attend the two-day BIM Fundamentals course.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Jun 12, 2023 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||CAD $780.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.