ISO/IEC 27701 is designed to specify requirements and provide guidance for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving a PIMS in the form of an extension to ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 for privacy management within the context of your organization. A PIMS framework will help you to operate and maintain processes for your organization whilst providing assurance to your stakeholders.
This one-day course will help you understand the principles of ISO/IEC 27701 and the changes required to extend your ISMS. It will help you understand how the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701 will provide the basis of an effective PIMS and provides guidance for PII controllers and/or PII processors.
With the full support of a world-class BSI tutor, you’ll learn about ISO/IEC 27701 common terms and definitions, as well as the key concepts and requirements.
Understand how ISO/IEC 27701 can extend your ISO/IEC 27001 information security management system (ISMS) to include requirements for protecting personally identifiable information (PII) and provide a framework for a privacy information management system (PIMS).
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the benefits of having an effective PIMS in place
- Understand the content of ISO/IEC 27701, both requirements and guidance and how it will improve your processing of PII
- Determine the effectiveness of an organization’s PIMS
- Understand how the standard maps to the privacy framework and principles in other ISO/IEC standards (e.g. 29100, 27018 and 29151) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Inspire customer and partner trust
- Protect your organization’s reputation
- Inform your organization’s senior management of the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701 to help them decide the next steps to take
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you’ll be able to:
- Recall the ISO/IEC 27701 terms and alternative terms used elsewhere
- Explain the background of ISO/IEC 27701 and its intended outcome
- Identify the specific requirements and guidance in ISO/IEC 27701
- Identify key concepts and structure of ISO/IEC 27701
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementation and maintenance of an ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS, including PII controllers and PII processors.
How will I learn?
Our unique accelerated learning approach fast tracks learning by improving your knowledge retention and skill application. This course involves practical activities, group discussions and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
We recommend you have experience implementing an ISMS based on ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 and are looking to extend your ISMS to include privacy information management.
You should have good knowledge of PIMS requirements and terminology.
We also recommend delegates understand whether a PIMS is currently employed in their organizations.
Detailed course notes and lunch are provided
You may also be interested in our ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Implementation Training Course.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Nov 30, 2020 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $750.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.