BSI's "ISO 22301:2019 Internal Auditor" competency-based 3-day course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the latest ISO 223001:2019 standard and the principles and practices of effective internal audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems". Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 22301:2019 in detail and they will help you to boost your audit capabilities. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
BC – Business Continuity Management Systems
AU - Management Systems Auditing
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
- Define a business continuity management system (BCMS)
- Explain why a BCMS is important and how it can benefit your organization
- Recall the terms and definitions used
- Recognize the key concepts and structure of ISO 22301:2019
- Identify the main requirements of ISO 22301:2019
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit adopting a risk-based approach
- Prepare and present effective reports
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in auditing, maintaining, or supervising an ISO 22301:2019 BCMS.
A prior review of the ISO 22301:2019 standard and internal audit experience are suggested for this course.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2 and 3. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).