Available for 90 days after enrollment
Approximate Course Run Time
Continuing Education Units
E-learning content is available on demand!
This course has been developed by BSI in partnership with food safety culture expert Lone Jespersen. Lone chairs the GFSI Technical Working Group on Food Safety Culture and has 15 years’ experience in this area of work within the food industry. The course delivers an excellent explanation of the dimensions relating to food safety culture, and practical examples of how real companies have used measurement and planning to improve a culture of food safety throughout their organizations.
The course is comprised of three presentations, delivered by Lone Jespersen of Cultivate, with supporting materials, including the Cultivate Change Action template. By using the template, you can begin the process of measuring, and planning actions to improve the food safety culture at your own company.
After completing the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the concept of food safety culture, leadership behaviours, and maturity levels
- Describe how to evaluate an organization’s and leaders’ current food safety behaviours
- Recognize the necessity and signs of an organization being ready to improve its culture of food safety
- Understand the steps needed to build an action plan to improve an organization’s culture of food safety
- Explain how to drive lasting improvements through goal setting, nudging, and consequences
This course is for all staff working at food production and retail companies who wish to become familiar with the concept of food safety culture and the actions needed to improve this onsite.
This includes Leadership, Management, Technical/Quality Assurance, HR, Production, Operations, Marketing, Procurement/Purchasing, Supply and Distribution.