This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of ISO 14971:2019 and the impact it has on the design, development, manufacturing and lifecycle of medical devices. It will also provide medical device manufacturers with knowledge of how ISO 14971:2019 links with the ISO 13485:2016 standard and the MDR 2017/745. Practical activities throughout the day will give you the opportunity to apply your skills, implementing risk management activities so that these can be embedded within the organization on completion of the course.
This one-day intensive course enables greater understanding of the impact that ISO 14971:2019 has on the decision-making process when manufacturing medical devices.
It helps medical device professionals understand how ISO 14971:2019 can improve their business and risk management efforts.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Identify the key requirements of ISO 14971:2019
- Interpret and communicate the key requirements and expectations of ISO 14971:2019 to your organization
- Gain knowledge of how ISO 14971:2019 links to ISO 13485 and the regulations; MDR 2017/745 and IVDR 2017/746
- Apply the fundamental risk management activities for medical devices within your organization
What will I learn?
Upon Completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Define risk management terminology
- Explain how risk management relates to the product lifecycle
- Outline the stages of the risk management process
- Define the key deliverables of the risk management process
- Apply risk management principles within your organization
- Identify the links between ISO 14971:2019, ISO 13485:2016, MDR 2017/745 and the IVDR 2017/746
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for you if you’re in a QA/Regulatory/Engineering/Manufacturing role involved in medical device design, development and manufacturing.
How will I learn?
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you acquire the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities, group discussions and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
You should have experience with, or basic knowledge of, quality management systems for the medical device industry. We recommend you have a basic awareness of medical device development, quality assurance and ISO 13485:2016
Detailed course notes are provided.
Requirements of the Medical Device Regulation (MDR) Training Course, Implementation of the Medical Device Regulation (MDR) for CE Marking Training Course and Medical Device Directive (MDD) to Medical Device Regulation (MDR) Transition Training Course.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Sep 9, 2022 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $1375.00||Enroll|
|Oct 7, 2022 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM||San José, CA||USD $1375.00||Enroll|
|Nov 2, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $1375.00||Enroll|
|Nov 18, 2022 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM||Memphis, TN||USD $1375.00||Enroll|
|Dec 9, 2022 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM||San José, CA||USD $1375.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.