compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is not
sufficient; organizations need to protect themselves by ensuring ongoing
compliance through ‘business as usual’ activities. This includes keeping data
protection high on the agenda for all employees and incorporating key
activities and audits into governance processes. And that’s where this course
Our one day GDPR compliance training will give you the confidence to plan and perform an effective audit, as well as report and take corrective action where necessary.
You’ll gain an overview on how to assess, maintain and audit your organization’s compliance with the GDPR requirements. Plus you’ll learn how to engage the whole organization in business as usual data protection practices to mitigate the risk of fines and help protect your reputation.
How will I benefit? This course will help you:
• Understand the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) or Data Protection Lead (DPL) in maintaining compliance
• Recognize the long term GDPR requirements that need to be met as part of your day-to-day business activities
• Identify key factors in maintaining a GDPR compliant data protection stance
• Integrate governance activities that will assist your organization in maintaining compliance
• Realize the role and importance of ongoing communication and training
• Manage data protection audit activities
What will I learn? You will learn how to:
• Maintain DPO involvement
• Measure compliance and conduct review meetings
• Undertake regular reviews of key activities, such as the management of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA), Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR), breach reporting and the upkeep of privacy information notices and core processes that support compliance
• Maintain and improve security around personal data
• Conduct reviews of data inventory registers, map data to ensure compliance and capture any new personal data being processed
• Update and review policies and processes as required by the business or as legislation is amended
• Deliver ongoing training to maintain employee awareness
• Plan for and manage data protection-focused audits to validate regulatory compliance
Who should attend? Anyone involved in the process of ensuring their organization maintains compliance, including:
• Senior management
• Management systems representatives (quality manager, information security manager, etc.)
• Data protection officer or lead
• Internal auditors
Duration One day
How will I learn? Our high impact, accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain? On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Prerequisites Delegates should have completed the GDPR Foundation Training Course and a management system auditing course.
Related training You may also be interested in our GDPR Foundation and Implementation Training Courses. Other data protection related courses include our series of ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Requirements, Implementation and Auditing Courses and BS 10012:2017 Requirements, Implementation and Auditing courses.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Sep 24, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $950.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.