Over five days you’ll gain the knowledge and skills required to plan, conduct, report on and follow up a successful FSSC 22000 version 5.1 food safety management system audit. Using a step-by-step approach, you’ll be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up according to best practice techniques.
Whether you’re new to auditing to this standard or upgrading your skills, this course will update you on the latest developments in food safety allowing you to drive the continual improvement of your business. The key principles and practices of effective FSMS audits in line with FSSC 22000 and ISO 19011 Guidelines for auditing management systems will be covered.
You’ll also learn to describe the purpose of an FSSC 22000 audit and satisfy third-party certification as well as grasp the key principles and practices of effective food safety management system audits in accordance with FSSC 22000 version 5 inclusive of specific audit criteria for:
- ISO 22000:2018 Food safety management systems - Requirements for any organization in the food chain
- ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 ‘Prerequisite programmes on food safety, Part 1- Food Manufacturing’
- FSSC additional requirements
To help food safety professionals gain the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of FSSC 22000 food safety management systems (FSMS) in accordance with ISO 19011, ISO 17021 and ISO/TS 22003.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an FSSC 22000 audit
- Identify risks and opportunities related to the objectives of an organization
- Interpret FSSC 22000 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking to products and processes, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence
What will I learn?
You will have the knowledge to:
- Describe the purpose of an FSMS, FSMS standards, management system audits and third-party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011, ISO 22003 and ISO/IEC 17021
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an FSMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with FSSC 22000 version 5 in accordance with ISO 19011, ISO 17021, ISO/TS 22003
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for or associated with their organization’s FSSC 22000 FSMS.
5 days (written exam on day 5)
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning my improving knowledge retention. This course inactivity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded a BSI certified training course certificate.
Delegates are expected to have prior knowledge of the FSSC 22000 scheme, ISO 22000:2018, PRPs and hazard control. If you don’t meet these requirements, it’s not likely you will meet the learning objectives or successfully pass the examination.
It would also be beneficial to have been involved in, or preferably undertaken, FSMS audits before attending this course.
Detailed course notes provided.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
You may also be interested in attending our Effective Food Safety Auditing, Effective Foreign Matter Management and Root Cause Analysis for the Food Industry courses
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Dec 6, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET|
Dec 7, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Dec 8, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Dec 9, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Dec 10, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $2100.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.