The aerospace quality management standard, AS/EN/JISQ 9120, has been developed specifically for aerospace distribution and stockist organizations.
In today’s fast-paced environment, customers are more demanding and competition is more intense. Effective implementation of a quality management system based on AS/EN/JISQ 9120 can help organizations to ensure safety, reliability and airworthiness.
Having an internationally recognized aerospace quality management system (AQMS) allows you to enhance organizational performance, increase customer satisfaction and gain a competitive edge.
This course will enable you to identify the requirements and the structure of an effective AQMS and what this means for you. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of the history and development of AS/EN/JISQ 9120 (Rev:B), key terms, definitions and the integration and the alignment to the ISO standardized high level structure. You’ll learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
Obtain detailed knowledge of the key terms, definitions and requirements of AS/EN/JISQ 9120 (Rev:B) and how the standard can help your organization to better meet customer needs.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of AS 9120:2016
- Develop an AQMS using best practice approaches to optimize your systems
- Drive continual improvement on achieving industry requirements for on-time delivery and quality
- Ensure that your quality management systems are integrated into your business management systems
- Operate in a demanding sector by understanding the industry specific and flow down requirements
What will I learn?
By the end of this course delegates will be able to define the:
- Importance and benefits of an AS 9120:2016 AQMS for stockist/distribution organizations
- History of AS 9120:2016, the role of IAQG and the standards that support the programme
- Relationship between AS 9120:2016, ISO 9001:2015 and the Annex SL High Level Structure
- Terms and definitions of AS 9120:2016
- Key concepts of AS 9120:2016 (including aerospace process effectiveness)
- Requirements of AS 9120:2016
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of an AS 9120:2016.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
There are no formal prerequisites, however it will be useful for delegates to read the standard before attending the course and have a broad understanding of quality management systems.
Students will receive a BSI Connected Learning Live course kit that will include a comprehensive course manual with reference materials
Students are required to provide their own AS 9110:2016 Standard.
Students will require a Webcam and a Microphone.
Students can connect to the class from any internet-accessible location. Chrome is preferred.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
*****All course times shown are Eastern Time*****