The adoption of a food safety management system (FSMS) is intended to enable an organization to improve its food safety (FS) performance and to manage its FS risks. An internal audit is an essential element to an effective FSMS, and by attending this course you will benefit by learning and developing the skills to help improve your organization’s FS performance.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on FSSC 22000. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports, and complete follow-up activities.
To provide guidance and practical experience in planning, executing, reporting and audit follow-up of an internal audit, when monitoring the effectiveness and conformity of an FSMS (FSSC 22000).
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on FSSC 22000 audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an FSSC 22000 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its FSMS
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
What will I learn?
You will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011
- Determine the application of ISO 19011 guidelines to auditing FSSC 22000
You will have the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow up
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of an FSSC 22000 FSMS.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning my improving knowledge retention. This course inactivity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
You should have a good knowledge of FSSC 22000 and the key principles of an FSMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our FSSC 22000 Understanding course or the FSSC 22000 Implementing the changes course (if you have previously attended a Requirements course to the old standard).
Detailed course notes provided.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
You may also be interested in attending the FSSC 22000 Understanding or Lead Auditor courses.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Sep 14, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET|
Sep 15, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $1550.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.