Customers expect organizations to plan and prepare for unforeseen events. Through an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301, organizations can build the resilience and capability to keep operating when unexpected disruptions occur. This increases customer confidence – especially when the effectiveness of the BCMS is independently verified and certified.
To unlock the full potential of the BCMS, your organization must conduct thorough audits of the framework to ensure that it continues to be robust and applicable in crisis situations. You may also want to find out more about independent audits and how they work. Can you lead an audit?
This course will develop the knowledge and skill required to lead a BCMS audit, with emphasis on independent auditing principles and practices. Led by an expert instructor, practical exercises, group activities and class discussions will be used to guide you through the entire audit process from the planning of the audit through to reporting the results.
- Establish the effectiveness of your BCMS
- Grow customer confidence in your organization
- Gain valuable insight into the operations of your organization
- Manage an audit team
- Prepare for independent audits
- Conduct independent audits
- Develop your ISO22301 auditing skills and lead auditor expertise
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the requirements of ISO 22301
- Plan a BCMS audit
- Lead a BCMS audit
- Compile and report the audit findings
- Manage opening, closing, and follow-up audit meetings
Anyone with responsibility for auditing a BCMS, including:
- Business Continuity, Risk, Information Security, IT and Operations Managers or Consultants
- Internal and external management system auditors and lead auditors who are new to leading a BCMS audit
- People interested in how an independent BCMS audit works
There are no formal prerequisites, but it is recommended that you have prior knowledge of Business Continuity, ISO 22301 and auditing principles.
This course contains pre-course material and a 2-hour closed book examination on Day 5. A certificate of attendance is awarded to all participants who complete the course. Participants who pass the examination receive additional recognition for this achievement on their certificates.