Organizations that are serious about reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions should not only be able to quantify their overall carbon footprint, but also the carbon footprint generated by each of their products. Calculating the carbon footprint of products (CFP) is becoming increasingly relevant for businesses that want to demonstrate to their customers that they are reducing the GHG emissions of the products that they consume.
How will I benefit?
- Comprehend the key principles for determining the carbon footprint of a product
- Quantify and report on the GHG emissions of your product(s)
- Recognize the importance of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) when calculating the carbon footprint of products
- Appreciate the importance of verifying/validating GHG product statements and reports
What will I learn?
- Comprehend the key principles, requirements, terms, and guidelines of ISO 14067 and where it sits within the broader family of ISO standards addressing GHG emissions
- Develop a process map to calculate a product’s carbon footprint
- Calculate the in-use product carbon footprint for a range of products and the allocated carbon footprint of products
- Recognize the LCA process, including the difference between ‘cradle to gate’ and ‘cradle to grave’
Who should attend?
Anyone required to calculate, reduce, report and/or check their product(s) greenhouse gas emissions, including environmental and sustainability managers, officers, advisors and champions.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning methodology improves knowledge retention and skill development. This course is interactive and activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the content and more effective application in the workplace.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
It is recommended that you complete the Managing Greenhouse Gas Emissions Training Course or Greenhouse Gas Practitioner Qualification before attending this course. .
This course is the pre-requisite for the Greenhouse Gas Professional qualification which also covers PAS 2060 (Carbon Neutrality).
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time
|Aug 6, 2024 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Aug 7, 2024 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day
|Nov 27, 2024 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Nov 28, 2024 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.