With vehicles having more interfaces and more software layers - they can be seen as a computer with wheels. More and more areas are being attacked, creating potentially more vulnerable systems. Millions of lines of software code in your vehicle increase the likelihood that a software glitch will lead to exploitable vulnerabilities. ISO/SAE 21434 provides the first dedicated standard to consider cybersecurity in engineering road vehicles.
This one-day on-demand course will provide the knowledge required to manage cybersecurity in automotive engineering.
On-demand - training that’s even more flexible
BSI’s on-demand courses are market-leading and available 24/7. Developed by top subject matter experts, they contain the same high-quality content you will find in our tutor-led training, but with the added benefit of being able to learn at your own pace and at any time.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Gain an understanding of ISO/SAE 21434
- Identify the work products required to be conformant with ISO/SAE 21434
- Prepare your organization to implement ISO/SAE 21434
Who should attend?
People with an active involvement in the engineering of vehicle components or items. Suggested job roles include:
- Those responsible for implementing and managing cybersecurity in an automotive environment
- Those with responsibilities for auditing their cybersecurity management systems in an automotive environment
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the development of ISO/SAE 21434
- Describe the main requirements of ISO/SAE 21434
- Explain the concepts and principles of ISO/SAE 21434
- Explain why cyber security is important in automotive engineering
- Describe the terms and definitions used
- This is an online, interactive on-demand course.
- The course content is both detailed and engaging, with explanations, activities, and knowledge checks to enhance your learning.
- Duration 3-4 hours
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
- Module 1: Automotive industry overview
- Module 2: Organizational cybersecurity management
- Module 3: Project dependent cybersecurity management
- Module 4: Distributed cybersecurity activities
- Module 5: Continual cybersecurity activities
- Module 6: Concept phase
- Module 7: Product development phase
- Module 8: Post-development phase
- Module 9: Threat analysis and risk assessment methods
- Module 10: Course review and final summary