ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Requirements (TPECS)
BSI's "ISO 27001:2013 Requirements" competency-based 2-day course teaches a general
understanding of the concepts of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and examines issues
surrounding information security management systems (ISMS). An experienced instructor
explains the clauses of ISO 27001:2013 in detail and includes auditing the requirements
of the standard. Students learn by participating in group exercises and in-depth
This course covers Exemplar Global TPECS IS - Information Security Management Systems
Competency Unit whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global. Attendees successfully
completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for this Exemplar Global
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the
TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand information security management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 27000 series of standards
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the structure of an Information Security Management System
- How to evaluate conformity to requirements
You will have the option to receive your course materials in the following formats:
- Hard Copies: At the start of the course, a physical copy of the Student Handbook will be provided.
- Soft Copies: Prior to the course, an email with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
Who should attend?
- Any individual requiring a working knowledge and understanding of ISO 27001 standard
- Security Professionals/Consultants
- IT security officers
- Internal/External auditors
- ISO Coordinators/Management Representatives
A prior review of the ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 27002:2013 standards and knowledge of
information security practices is suggested for this course.
There is a written test at the end of Day 2 of this course. Detailed exam instructions
will be provided. A Certificate of Attainment in the IS competency unit will be provided
for students who are deemed "Competent" for the IS competency unit. Certificates of
attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test, and students will
be given the opportunity to retake the test.
Online course option
This Course is also available as part of BSI’s Connected Learning Live service. A virtual instructor lead training course taught live online in a virtual classroom. Scheduled times and dates are available here: Connected Learning Live ISO 27001:2013 Requirements (TPECS)
Upcoming Course Dates
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of course
confirmation from BSI.
*Price reflects Early Bird discount
|Start/End Date and Time
- Apr 06, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Apr 07, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $1350.00||Enroll|
- Apr 27, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Apr 28, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $1550.00||Enroll|
- Jun 29, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Jun 30, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|San Diego, CA||USD $1275.00*||Enroll|
- Jul 13, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Jul 14, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Dulles, VA||USD $1275.00*||Enroll|
- Aug 03, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Aug 04, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Chicago, IL||USD $1275.00*||Enroll|
- Aug 31, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 01, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Baltimore, MD||USD $1275.00*||Enroll|
- Sep 14, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 15, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Philadelphia, PA||USD $1275.00*||Enroll|
- Sep 28, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 29, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Seattle, WA||USD $1275.00*||Enroll|
- Nov 02, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 03, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Houston, TX||USD $1275.00*||Enroll|
- Nov 16, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 17, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|San José, CA||USD $1275.00*||Enroll|
- Dec 07, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Dec 08, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Dulles, VA||USD $1275.00*||Enroll|