BSI's “ISO 27001:2013 Requirements” competency-based 2-day course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and examines issues surrounding information security management systems (ISMS). An experienced instructor explains the clauses of ISO 27001:2013 in detail and includes auditing the requirements of the standard. Students learn by participating in group exercises and in-depth discussions.
This course covers Exemplar Global TPECS IS - Information Security Management Systems Competency Unit whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global. Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for this Exemplar Global Competency Unit.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand information security management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 27000 series of standards
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the structure of an Information Security Management System
- How to evaluate conformity to requirements
You will have the option to receive your course materials in the following formats:
- Hard Copies: At the start of the course, a physical copy of the Student Handbook will be provided.
- Soft Copies: Prior to the course, an email with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
Who should attend?
- Any individual requiring a working knowledge and understanding of ISO 27001 standard
- Security Professionals/Consultants
- IT security officers
- Internal/External auditors
- ISO Coordinators/Management Representatives
A prior review of the ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 27002:2013 standards and knowledge of information security practices is suggested for this course.
There is a written test at the end of Day 2 of this course. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. A Certificate of Attainment in the IS competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for the IS competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test, and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test.
Online course option
This Course is also available as part of BSI's Connected Learning Live service. A virtual instructor lead training course taught live online in a virtual classroom. Scheduled times and dates are available here: Connected Learning Live ISO 27001:2013 Requirements (TPECS)