BSI Connected Learning Live is a live, online training that combines premier skills development technologies with our expert instructors to deliver an engaging, interactive learning experience to you, regardless of location. This is an ideal alternative to the typical classroom setting for quality professionals who do not have the budget or time for travel, or just prefer the convenience of attending a class without having to leave their own personal environment.
BSI's “ISO 27001:2013 Requirements” competency-based teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and how the requirements impact the day-to-day operations of organizations in any industry. An experienced instructor will explain the clauses in detail, teach the Information Security Principles, and cover auditing of the requirements for the standard. Students learn by participating in group exercises, case studies, and in-depth discussions.
BSI is an Exemplar Global (formerly RABQSA) certified training provider. Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for the Exemplar Global knowledge competency unit below:
- IS - Information Security Systems
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
- Eliminate travel and lodging expenses
- Communicate in real-time with your course instructor and classmates - ask questions, get clarification, and contribute your insights
- Learn through hands-on group exercises and a week-long case study
- Receive a globally-recognized certificate for successfully completing the course
Upon completion of this training, students will be able to:
- Understand information security definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 27001 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011 definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit
- Prepare and present effective reports
Who should attend?
- Any individual requiring a working knowledge and understanding of ISO 27001 standard
- Quality Professionals/Consultants
- Presidents/Vice Presidents/CEOs
- ISO Coordinators/Management Representatives
- Laboratory quality professionals
- Accredited auditors requiring the competency to audit Quality Management Systems
Participants will need to review the ISO 27001:2013 standard and keep it readily available for quick reference during the presentations.
You will have the option to receive your course materials in either hard copy or soft copy:
- Hard Copy option: You will receive a physical copy of the Student Handbook in the mail prior to the course.
- Soft Copy option: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone areREQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for each. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency exam(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Nov 30, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET|
Dec 1, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Dec 2, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Dec 3, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
|Live Online - Half Day||USD $1450.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.