ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Internal Auditor (TPECS)
BSI's "ISO 20000-1:2018 Internal Auditor" competency-based 3-day course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 20000-1:2018 standard and the principles and practices of effective internal audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems". Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 20000-1:2018 in detail and guide students through internal audits that are required for an information technology service management system based on ISO 20000-1:2018. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global
- IT- Information Technology Service Management Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
You'll be able to:
- Understand IT service management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 20000 series
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit adopting a risk-based approachs
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global's certification scheme
Students recieve comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals interested in conducting, managing, or participating in first-party (internal) audits
There is a written test at the end of Day 2 of this course. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. A Certificate of Attainment in the IT competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for the IT competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test. Students will be given the opportunity to retake the test.
A prior review of the ISO 20000-1: 2018 standard and internal audit experience are suggested for this course.
You may also be interested in attending the ISO 20000-1:2018 Implementing or Auditing training courses
Online course option
This Course is also available as part of BSI’s Connected Learning Live service. A virtual instructor lead training course taught live online in a virtual classroom. Scheduled times and dates are available here: Connected Learning Live ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Internal Auditor (TPECS)
Hard Copies: At the start of the course, a physical copy of the Student Handbook will be provided.
Soft Copies: Prior to the course, an email with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
Upcoming Course Dates
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of course
confirmation from BSI.
*Price reflects Early Bird discount
|Start/End Date and Time
- Jan 13, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Jan 14, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Jan 15, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Dulles, VA||USD $1950.00||Enroll|
- Feb 24, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Feb 25, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Feb 26, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|San José, CA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Mar 09, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Mar 10, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Mar 11, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Live Online||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Mar 30, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Mar 31, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Apr 01, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Chicago, IL||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Apr 27, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Apr 28, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Apr 29, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Houston, TX||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- May 11, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- May 12, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- May 13, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Atlanta, GA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Jun 08, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Jun 09, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Jun 10, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Orlando, FL||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Jun 29, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Jun 30, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Jul 01, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Dulles, VA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|