The Environmental Awareness Bootcamp sets a framework for compliance for those new to the environmental field and those veterans that need a refresher on current environmental laws and regulations, and how they apply to different industries. The Bootcamp starts off from a broad management perspective of these environmental laws and regulations and as the course progresses moves into an operational level of training that industry professionals see in their day-to-day activities. In addition, BSI instructors do so in an accurate and engaging way that is easy to understand at any level.
Throughout each day BSI will teach proven and practical compliance strategies that can be brought back to an organization or clientele. The Environmental Bootcamp moves beyond the basics and history of laws and regulations and focuses on how these laws and regulations apply and impact the public, industries, facilities, and daily operations. Thousands of EHS professionals have benefited over the years from this unique training experience. Join us for this important seminar and come and network with environmental professionals from around the U.S. Bring your family and make a vacation out of it!
Please note BSI will have in place social distancing and hygiene protocols in place throughout the duration of this training, in addition to, complying with local and state group gathering recommendations.
Questions regarding custom onsite quotes, discounts for lodging, group discounts and government discounts, please contact us at email@example.com.
Day One (8:00AM - 5:00PM)
- Training Introduction and "Meet and Greet"
- Environmental Law and Regulatory Overview
- Principles of Sustainability (Remote Session)
- The Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Tier I & II and TRI Reporting
- The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Emergency Response, Spills and Reporting
- Evening Mixer with Attendees and Speakers
Day Two (8:00AM - 5:00PM)
- Day 1 Review
- Introduction to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA): Generator Rules, Identification of Hazardous Waste/Exclusions and Delisting of Wastes and biennial reporting.
- RCRA: Day-to-Day Operations with SAAs and CAAs, Training, Labeling and eManifests
- The Clean Air Act (CAA): National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS), State Implementation Plans (SIPs) and Beyond, Emission Standards and Limitations (New Source Review Program (NSR), New Source Performance Standards (NSPS), & National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs)), Identifying emission sources and common violations.
- CAA: Air Emission Calculations Exercise
Day Three (8:00AM - 5:00PM)
- CAA: Title V Permitting and Day 2 Review
- The Clean Water Act (CWA), NPDES, Pretreatment, and Wetlands Permitting
- CWA: Introduction to Stormwater Pollution Prevention Planning (SWPPP) and Inspections
- SWPPP Inspection Exercise
- CWA: Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
- SPCC Inspection Exercise
Day Four (8:00AM - 12:00PM)
- Environmental Jeopardy
- Industrial Hygiene for EHS Professionals (Remote Session)
- Environmental Auditing, Inspections and Common Violations
- Risk Management Plans (RMP) and Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Course Adjourn, Certificates Issued
Who Should Attend?
- Facility and Plant Managers
- Environmental, Health and Safety Staff, Supervisors and Managers
- Environmental Engineers
- Regulatory Compliance Managers
- Environmental Project and Program Managers
- Environmental Consultants
- Those responsible for environmental compliance at their organization