Course aim To give those tasked with implementing BIM in their organizations an understanding of the business case and other benefits of BIM to their organization, their clients/stakeholders and supply chains, and the encapsulation of these ideas in standards and best practice. To enable attendees to develop detailed implementation plans.
Course description This course will help you to implement the benefits of digitization, lean and collaborative approaches in the delivery and use of built assets. It will also provide an introduction to ISO 19650, the two-part standard for building information modelling (BIM), and collaborative working.
You will be able to understand the methods for setting clear purposes and priorities as part of a BIM implementation strategy, and gain an appreciation of UK PAS 1192-3 and BS 8536 for infrastructure and buildings.
On completion of this course, you’ll also be able to assess current and future project delivery and asset management processes, information flows, and understanding the principal roles and functions involved; using ISO 19650 and UK BS 1192 series.
This course will also help you by providing a review of tailoring your BIM strategy for specific business cases.
How will I benefit? This course will help you:
• Introduce collaborative working practices to your project and asset teams
• Establish an asset-focused approach to briefing, information requirements and the evaluation of outcomes
• Appreciate the steps in procuring, managing and exchanging information
• Understand customer and supply-side drivers for BIM
• Outline a BIM implementation plan
What will I learn? You will have the knowledge to:
• Explain the benefits gained from structured collaboration
• Recognize customer drivers for BIM and planning standardized supply-side responses
• Complete process maps to plan the smooth flow of information
• Recognize the business cases and Government strategy for BIM
• Explain the key principles in BIM standards
Who should attend? Senior managers tasked with introducing BIM processes to project delivery and asset management.
Duration One day
How will I learn? Our high–impact, accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain? On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Prerequisites We strongly recommend you have experience of management engagement with project and portfolio activities
Further information Detailed course notes and lunch is provided
Related training Following this course, it’s recommended that if you’re involved with day-to-day collaborative BIM implementation and that you attend the two-day BIM Fundamentals course.