This course will help you understand the asset information management processes for BIM Level 2. It follows on from the BIM Fundamentals course, where this subject is introduced.
To give building/infrastructure asset owners/operators, information managers and contractors working to BIM Level 2 a detailed understanding of the PAS 1192-3 standard. To explain how information requirements are developed for different life-cycle events, and the different roles involved in BIM Level 2 asset information management.
The course includes sessions on:
- The linkage to asset management
- How asset owners/operators set their information requirements
- How suppliers of information (maintenance contractors, in-house teams, surveyors, engineers) respond with their information plans
- How the Common Data Environment works in asset management
- Roles and responsibilities in asset information management
How will I benefit?
This Masterclass will help you:
- Understand what the PAS 1192-3 standard stays and what it means
- Understand how the asset lifecycle triggers the need for information
- Understand the role of the Asset Information Model and the need to maintain it
- Develop your key information management processes in group activities
What will I learn?
- Recognize how key BIM Level 2 asset information management documents are developed
- Explain how to formulate Organizational and Asset Information Requirements
- Explain how asset information is delivered through the Common Data Environment and verified against the information requirements
Who should attend?
Asset managers and facility managers working on behalf of an asset owner or operator. Asset contractors or in-house teams delivering maintenance, repairs, minor refurbishment works, condition surveys.
Project information managers (client side or supply side) may find it helpful to understand how operational information gets specified as part of a project EIR.
How will I learn
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
This course is designed for those who have some knowledge of BIM Level 2 (who may previously have attended BIM Fundamentals or equivalent).
Attendees should have day-to-day involvement with or responsibility for asset management, particularly the information management aspects of buildings and infrastructure assets.
Detailed course notes and lunch is provided
This course follows on from BIM Fundamentals. The parallel courses on PAS 1192-2 and BS 1192-4 are aimed at attendees with the same degree of technical involvement in delivering and managing built assets.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Apr 20, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $730.00||Enroll|
|Jun 15, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $730.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.