Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Continuing Education Units
Early Bird Price*
There are no upcoming classes scheduled.
This course will help you in obtaining the benefits of the UK use of COBie as the digital information exchange between design/supply chain and the client/operator. Along with an introduction to BS 1192 and collaborative working. This course also highlights the importance of clear Asset Information Requirements and a checkable digital Plan of Work.
To give those tasked with preparing and receiving COBie deliverables an understanding of the benefits and criteria and the encapsulation of these ideas in standards and best practice, to enable you, to develop detailed implementation plans.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Appreciate the specification of an EIR or digital Plan of Work
- Request and respond to requests for COBie
- Check the COBie deliverable
What will I learn?
You will gain the knowledge of:
- The role of COBie
- How COBie represents buildings and infrastructure assets
- How the use of COBie can be specified for specific purposes
- The processes and purposes underlying COBie
Who should attend?
Design and construction managers charged with delivering COBie, typically within a BIM Level 2 project.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Delegates looking to attend this course should have management engagement with project and portfolio activities.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person:
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
Following this course, it is recommended to send those charged with day-to-day BIM Level 2 implementation on the PAS 1192 Part 2 or PAS 1192 Part 3 course.