BSI's "ISO 14001:2015 Requirements" competency-based 2-day course is designed to provide students with a basic knowledge and a degree of comfort with ISO 14001:2015. Students gain a working understanding of key environmental management concepts, such as aspect and impact identification and setting objectives and targets. The course structure incorporates presentations and interactive discussions. An experienced instructor explains the ISO 14000 series of standards in detail and includes auditing the requirements of the standard. Students learn by participating in group exercises and in-depth discussions. This course covers Exemplar Global TPECS EM - Environmental Management Systems Competency Unit whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global. Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for this Exemplar Global Competency Unit.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand environmental management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Interpret the clauses of ISO 14001:2015
- Understand the importance and benefits of an environmental management systems
- Understand the process approach
- Auditing to requirements
- How to identify nonconformities
You will have the option to receive your course materials in the following formats:
- Hard Copies: At the start of the course, a physical copy of the Student Handbook will be provided.
- Soft Copies: Prior to the course, an email with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
Who Should Attend?
- Any individual requiring a working knowledge and understanding of ISO 14001:2015
- Environmental Professionals/ Consultants
- Presidents/Vice Presidents/CEOs
- Management Representatives
- Laboratory quality professionals
- Accredited auditors requiring the competency to audit Environmental Management Systems
A prior review of the ISO 14001:2004 and 14001:2015 standard is suggested for this course. Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
There is a written test at the end of Day 2 of this course. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. A Certificate of Attainment in the EM competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for the EM competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test, and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test.
Online course option
This Course is also available as part of BSI’s Connected Learning Live service. A virtual instructor lead training course taught live online in a virtual classroom. Scheduled times and dates are available here: Connected Learning Live ISO 14001:2015 Requirements (TPECS)