ISO 45001:2018 Requirements (TPECS)
Course title: ISO 45001 Requirements Training course (TPECS)
Course aim: Obtain a detailed understanding of the key terms, definitions and requirements of ISO 45001 and how the standard can help your organization to better align their strategic direction with their occupational health and safety management system
Course description ISO 45001, the first global Occupation Health and Safety (OH&S) management system standard, is intended to replace the widely implemented BS OHSAS 18001. It is anticipated that organizations currently certified to BS OHSAS 18001 will need to migrate to ISO 45001 within three years of the new standard’s publication. Having an internationally recognized occupational health and safety management system (OH&SMS) allows you to enhance organizational health and safety performance and gain a competitive edge
By attending, you’ll be able to identify the structure and requirements of an effective OH&SMS. Gain a thorough understanding of the ISO 45001 key terms, definitions and the ISO standardized high level structure. You’ll learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
How will I benefit?
• Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 45001
• Identify what needs to be revised in your current OH&S management system
• Manage occupational health and safety risks.
• Take steps to provide safety and healthy workplaces
What will I learn?
• Understand the terminology of OH&S management systems.
• Explore the intent and interpretation of the individual clauses of ISO 45001
• Gain a basic understanding of how an OH&S management system can be integrated into existing quality management systems
• Auditing to requirements and how to identify nonconformities
Who should attend? Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of an occupational, health and safety management system
Duration: Two days
How will I learn?
Our high-impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
A Certificate of Attainment in the OH competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for the OH competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test, and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
Further information: All course information is based on ISO 45001. By attending this course, you’ll receive a complimentary update when the final standard publishes to ensure you’re fully informed of any changes from the current final draft.
Related training: You may also be interested in attending the ISO 45001 Implementing Changes or Migration courses.
Delegate assessment: There is a competency based exam at the end of Day 2 of this course. Detailed exam instructions will be provided.
Upcoming Course Dates
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of course
confirmation from BSI.
*Price reflects Early Bird discount
|Start/End Date and Time
- Feb 10, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Feb 11, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
DoubleTree Toronto Airport West
5444 Dixie Road
Mississauga, ON L4W 2L2
(905) 624-1144map this location
- Feb 24, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Feb 25, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
|Vancouver, BC||CAD $1000.00||Enroll|
- Mar 23, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Mar 24, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
|Calgary, AB||CAD $925.00*||Enroll|
- Apr 14, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Apr 15, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
|Toronto, ON||CAD $925.00*||Enroll|
- Apr 27, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Apr 28, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
|Ottawa, ON||CAD $925.00*||Enroll|
- May 04, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- May 05, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
|Vancouver, BC||CAD $925.00*||Enroll|
- May 18, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- May 19, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
|St. John's, NL||CAD $925.00*||Enroll|
- Jun 22, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Jun 23, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
|Winnipeg, MB||CAD $925.00*||Enroll|